Nearly all CalRecycle regulations are found in Title 14 and Title 27 of California Code of Regulations (CCR). In January 2010, CalRecycle was created from a merge of the Department of Conservation, Division of Recycling and the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB). Regulations approved before 2010 refer to CIWMB, CalRecycle’s predecessor, and those created after January 2010 refer to CalRecycle but all are in effect unless noted as “repealed”.
Visit the Office of Administrative Law website (managed by Thomson Reuters/Westlaw) for access to the official online version of all California regulations. To obtain the CCR in print, please contact the State’s official publisher, Barclays Official California Code of Regulations.
CalRecycle maintains pages listing the Titles, Chapters, Subchapters, and Articles pertinent to its work. The links on these pages go to the official online version of the CCR.
- Title 14, Division 2, Chapter 5 (Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act)
- Unofficial Version. Unofficial document containing current CalRecycle regulations pertaining to the Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act.
- Title 14, CCR Division 7. Current CalRecycle regulations pertaining to all other nonhazardous waste management in California
- Unofficial version of current Title 14, Division 7 regulations pertaining to CalRecycle (Last update: January 2019)
- Unofficial version of current Title 14, Division 7 regulations limited to Chapters 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 9.1, 10, and 11. For ease of access, this partial document includes only the most referenced sections of the regulations. (Last update: January 2019)
- Title 27, CCR. Current regulations of CalRecycle and the State Water Resources Control Board pertaining to waste disposal on land. Additional information is available about these joint regulations
in the CalRecycle Rulemaking Archives,
AB 1220 page.
- Unofficial version of all current Title 27 regulations pertaining to CalRecycle. (Last update: January 2019). (Last update: January 2019)
- Unofficial version of all current Title 27, Divisions 1 and 2 regulations pertaining to CalRecycle. For ease of access, this partial document includes only the most referenced sections of the regulations. (Last update: January 2019)
- CCR Search. Search the official version of the CCR by title/section, keywords, or specific regulatory agency.
CalRecycle maintains original copies of certain forms available on the official CCR web site only as lower resolution scans.