- RDRS Registration for reporting entities is due April 30! (WebPass required)
- Not sure whether your business, facility, or operation needs to register in RDRS? Try our “Do I need to register in RDRS?” tool!
- Attend our upcoming RDRS Reporting Requirements Workshop May 21 online or in person! (Public Notice)
- Missed our webinar? The videos have been posted online for your review.
- Check out Training and Outreach and click on the links to view how to register each reporting entity type.
Governor Brown signed AB 901 (Gordon, Chapter 746, Statutes of 2015) into law to change how organics, recyclable material, and solid waste are reported to CalRecycle. In the third quarter of 2019, CalRecycle will transition away from the current Disposal Reporting System (DRS) to a brand-new Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS). The law requires the following businesses to report directly to CalRecycle on a quarterly basis on materials sold and transferred by a reporting entity:
- Recycling facilities
- Composting facilities
- Disposal facilities including landfills
- Transformation facilities
- Engineered municipal solid waste conversion facilities
- Transfer/processor facilities
- Contract haulers
- Food waste self-haulers
- Full text of new Title 14, CCR, Division 7, Chapter 9, Article 9.25 (Westlaw)
- PDF of all regulatory text modifications as approved by OAL
- Rulemaking Archive
- Link to statute
Training & Outreach
- March 20, 2019 Registration Workshop, Coastal Hearing Room, Cal/EPA Building (Slides | Video)
- March 21, 2019 Registration Workshop, South Coast Air Quality Management District Auditorium (Slides | Audio | Video)
- April 17, 2019 Registration Webinar, Cal/EPA Building (Public Notice)
- Creating a WebPass and Logging In
- Food Waste Self-hauler
- Contract Hauler
- Transfer/Processing Facility or Operation
- Disposal Facility
- Recycling and composting facility or operation
- Brokers and Transporters
- Complex Organization/Site w/ multiple activities
- Assigning security rights and managing contacts
- May 21, 2019 Reporting Requirements Workshop, Byron Sher Auditorium, Cal/EPA Building (Public Notice)
- References, Documentation & Tools
- RDRS initial registration begins on April 1 for existing businesses that are required to report and are operating on April 1, 2019. The registration deadline for initial registration is April 30, 2019. After April 30, newly-established businesses must register within 30 days of being subject to these reporting requirements.
- Registering a reporting entity in RDRS does not cause that entity to be reclassified as a solid waste handler.
- Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS) Registration Login
- Create and manage your WebPass
- "Do I need to Register in RDRS?" Tool
- Registration Guide/Manuals
- Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS) Login
- Reporting material flows to the Department does not cause that material to be reclassified as solid waste.
- Reporting deadlines by reporting entity for 2019 (third and fourth quarters)
- Reporting guides and manuals - coming soon.
- New public reports for disposal and recycling data (Coming January 2020)
- RDRS reports login for jurisdictions & counties (Coming January 2020)
How to Contact Us
If you have additional questions or suggestions about these topics, please contact the CalRecycle RDRS team at RDRS@calrecycle.ca.gov, (916) 341-6777.