Jobs & Exams
CalRecycle is a great place to work! Learn more about the benefits of working at CalRecycle. Employment at the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) is guided by the regulations and procedures governing the California Civil Service System. CalRecycle is an equal opportunity employer.
- All CalRecycle openings are listed on the California State Jobs (jobs.ca.gov) site under "Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery." The site also provides information on how to apply for any state job, and the ability to create an account to store applications and receive notices about vacancies.
- Student assistant positions (paid) are sometimes available at CalRecycle.
- Internships and volunteer opportunities (unpaid) are sometimes available at CalRecycle as well.
All current CalRecycle exams are listed on the California State Jobs (jobs.ca.gov) site under "Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery". This page will show current exams offered by and specific to CalRecycle (also listed immediately below), along with job vacancies.
Recycling Specialist I
(Word, 83 KB) (Final filing date: Continuous filing)
- Supplemental Application (Word, 175 KB)
- Open Exam: Recycling
Specialist II (Word, 86 KB) (Final filing date:
- Supplemental Application (Word, 73 KB)
Upcoming CalRecycle exams are listed on the FY 2016-2017 Exam Plan (PDF, 184 KB).
Limited Examination and Appointment Program (LEAP). LEAP is an alternate examination and appointment process designed to facilitate the recruitment and hiring of persons with disabilities into California civil service employment.
Statewide Continuous Exams. The following is an incomplete list of examinations used by CalRecycle that are offered by the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) on a continuous basis:
- Accountant I (Specialist)
- Accountant Trainee
- Accounting Officer (Specialist & Supervisor)
- Accounting Technician
- Assistant and Associate Information Systems Analyst
- Associate Governmental Program Analyst
- Associate and Staff Management Auditor
- Attorney (Staff Counsel)
- Attorney III--Specialist (Staff Counsel III–Specialist)
- Attorney IV (Staff Counsel IV)
- Auditor I
- Environmental Scientist
- Office Assistant (General & Typing)
- Office Technician (General & Typing)
- Program Technician
- Program Technician II
- Program Technician III
- Programmer Analyst (Series)
- Senior Accounting Officer (Specialist & Supervisor)
- Senior Environmental Scientist (Specialist & Supervisory)
- Staff and Senior Information Systems Analyst
- Staff Services Analyst (General)
- Staff Services Manager I
- Staff Services Manager II (Supervisory and Managerial)
- Staff Services Manager III