California Laws Related to Waste Management
This site includes all of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) pertinent to the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), as approved by the Office of Administrative Law. To access specific regulations, choose Title 14 or Title 27 below for a table of contents, or use the search option. Visit the Office of Administrative Law website for access to the official online version of all California regulations. To obtain the CCR in print, please contact the State’s official publisher, Barclays Official California Code of Regulations.
Title 14, Division 2, Chapter 5, CCR.
Current CalRecycle regulations pertaining to the Beverage
Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act, last updated
- Amendments to Sections 2000, 2085, and 2501. Addition of Sections 2830, 2831, 2831.1, 2831.2, 2831.3, 2831.4, 2831.5, 2832; 2833, 2834, and 2835. (PDF, 169 KB). Effective January 13, 2014.
- Amendments to Sections 2530 and 2535 (PDF, 46 KB). Effective January 1, 2014,
- Amendments to Sections 2010, 2015, 2030, 2040, 2405 and
2505. Addition of Section 2012 (PDF, 100 KB). Effective
January 1, 2014.
- Title 14, CCR, Division 7. Current CalRecycle regulations pertaining to all other nonhazardous waste management in California.
- Title 27, CCR. Current regulations of CalRecycle and the State Water Resources Control Board pertaining to waste disposal on land. Additional information is available about these joint regulations in the CalRecycle Rulemaking Archives, AB 1220 page.