Used Oil Recycling Program
- A formal comment period for the Used Oil Program Rulemaking will run from March 25-May 25, 2016.
- Policy on Using Grant/Payment Program Funds for Promotional Items/SWAG (Stuff We All Get).
- Information on the Used Oil Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA) Project.
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) Used Oil Recycling Program develops and promotes alternatives to the illegal disposal of used oil by establishing a statewide network of collection opportunities and undertaking outreach efforts to inform and motivate the public to recycle used oil.
Major Program Goals
- Provide the public with convenient collection locations for used oil.
- Increase the demand for rerefined oil.
- Develop methods to motivate the public to recycle their used oil.
- Provide payments to local governments for development and maintenance of used oil and oil filter collection and recycling programs.
- Provide grants to local governments, nonprofit organizations, and for research and demonstration projects.
Use the links provided above to find the information most relevant to you!
Learn more about the Used Oil Enhancement Act, which is a law designed to discourage the illegal disposal and to promote used oil recycling statewide.
Read our collection of used oil publications covering varying topics including annual reports, technical reports, guidebooks and general public information.
Public Service Announcements
- 3000 Mile Myth (Windows Media Audio: 32 Kbps, 30 seconds | Script), (2008) More information...
- Used Oil Recycling (2007)